2008年2月18日 星期一

Posada believes Clemens told Congress the truth

Updated: February 17, 2008, 4:34 PM ET

After Wednesday's congressional hearing where Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte seemed at odds over the Rocket's alleged steroid use, Yankees catcher Jorge Posada supports Clemens without casting aside his current New York teammate.

Posada, who said he didn't watch any of the hearing that included former Clemens and Pettitte trainer Brian McNamee, thinks Clemens is being honest about not taking steroids or HGH.

"He sounded real truthful the other day and that's all I wanted to hear," Posada told reporters Friday at the Yankees spring training complex. "I believe Roger. That's the guy I believe."

Posada went on to discuss the crucial conversation where Pettitte claims Clemens said he used steroids.

"It's been so long ago that they talked about it, so I don't know," Posada told reporters. "Andy said that they talked about it, and right now, I don't know much about it. It's going to keep going on. Rocket said it was a miscommunication or whatever, and I believe Rocket."

News source:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3248947

0 意見: