2008年3月27日 星期四

Mussina, Not Pettitte, Will Start in 2nd Game

Published: March 26, 2008

TAMPA, Fla. — The Yankees announced Tuesday that Mike Mussina would start the second game of the season, April 2 against Toronto, instead of Andy Pettitte.

Pettitte has been slowed by tightness in his lower back, but after playing catch at Legends Field on Tuesday, he said he would try to throw in the bullpen Wednesday. If he completes that session with no problems, Pettitte will pitch a minor league game Saturday as a tuneup for his first start of the season, which could come as early as April 3.

“I definitely felt a lot more comfortable being able to get out on my front side today,” Pettitte said, after making 42 throws in six minutes. “The good thing today is I felt like it loosened up as I threw. I threw a little harder today. I definitely feel like it’s progressing.”

Pettitte threw in Tampa before the Yankees’ 7-5 loss to Cleveland in Winter Haven. Joba Chamberlain and LaTroy Hawkins also stayed behind. Each worked an inning in a minor league game.

News source:http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/sports/baseball/26base.html?_r=2&ref=baseball&oref=login&oref=slogin

0 意見: